Friday, November 21, 2014

Lisabet's November Newsletter


Bride and Groom in Hayfield
Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the autumn harvest issue of my newsletter. I've got information about new and upcoming releases, free reading, and a fabulous, easy contest!

New and Upcoming Releases

Since my last newsletter, I've released two books with Excessica, Bangkok Noir and Exposure. Both fall into the category of erotic suspense. Both have received rave reviews (see for example, here and here). Jim at BDSM Book Reviews wrote about Bangkok Noir:
This is definitely one of the most original D/s themed books I have read in a very long time. The exquisitely kinky and erotic BDSM play is just a bonus.

The new editions feature covers designed and implemented by yours truly. Although I'm not very skilled with graphics tools, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Bangkok Noir coverExposure cover

My other two major titles that were orphaned when I left Books We Love have also been contracted. My BDSM romantic erotica novel Nasty Business will be released by Fireborn Publishing in January. Totally Bound will republish my paranormal romance The Eyes of Bast in March. I've got a cover for the latter. Isn't it gorgeous?

The Eyes of Bast Cover

In addition to these single-author titles, I've got stories pending in high profile anthologies. My lesbian tale The Late Show will be featured in Best Lesbian Erotica 2015, editing by the legendary Laura Antoniou. And I have two stories in this year's Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica (Volume 13), edited by Maxim Jakubowski: Layover (F/m BDSM) and Limits: A Love Story (M/f BDSM). You know me - I like variety!

You can find excerpts from all of these tales on my books and coming soon pages.

Looking a bit further into the future, I'm planning a series of BDSM short story books with Excessica, called D & S Duos. Each book will have two BDSM-themed stories, back to back, about 10,000 words. Just the right thing for a quick read before bed...! The first one should be out just after the new year. I'm also putting together a book length collection of lesbian erotica and erotic romance, which will include some brand new content. Finally - well, not finally, of course, because there is always another story in the wings - I'm hoping to get back to work on The Gazillionaire and the Virgin, my turnabout erotic romance. More on all this in my next newsletter.

Contests and Other News

I've updated my free reading page with the first chapter of a new erotic romance serial, Unveiled. I started this book, in which the heroine is a belly dancer, years ago, then put it aside while I worked on other projects. I'm hoping that making a commitment by putting it up on my website will encourage me to finish it! (By the way, you might want to check out the photo of me in my belly dancing costume - taken many years ago!)

Speaking of free reading, have you checked out my M/M BDSM vampire story Renfield's Lament in the Erotica Readers & Writers Association gallery? Brand new, first time published. Warning: it does not have a happy ending.

I've decided to reinstate my monthly newsletter contest. This month, I'm running a giveaway called What's Your Fantasy?. You could win a custom story, written especially for you, that features your favorite erotic fantasy - as well as several gift certificates!

Here's how it works. Send me an email at contest [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com with the subject line "My Fantasy". In the body of the email, briefly describe the story you'd most like to read. Keep it short, no more than one or two sentences.

I will read your fantasies and pick the one that most inspires me, then write that story, dedicated to you! If I pick your fantasy, I will also send you a $5 Totally Bound gift voucher. In addition, assuming I get at least 10 entries, I will draw a random winner from among the remaining submissions and give that reader a $10 Totally Bound gift certificate. You have until December first to send in your fantasies. But why not do it now, before you forget?

For my November VIP readers contest, I'll be giving away another copy of The Ingredients of Bliss. Only people on my email list are eligible. If you want to join, just send me email at at lisabet [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com with the subject line "VIP subscription" and I'll get you signed up right away. I'll announce the contest rules on the mailing list next week!

Lisabet's Pick of the Month
 
My November pick of the month is The Velvet Lair, the blog of my prolific colleague Suz de Mello. Suz loves to travel, as I do. She write sexy erotica and erotic romance, often with a BDSM flavor. In short, she's a woman after my own heart. She posts almost every day, either about her own stuff or that of her guests. Visit The Velvet Lair for fun and passion!

2 comments:

Lori R said...

I really enjoyed reading Renfield's Lament. Thanks for sharing it.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thank you, Lori, for taking the time to read it - and to comment! Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)