Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Interview with Troy Howard

So far in the last two weeks I've let Etienne and Madeleine tell you their stories. I'd be remiss if I didn't allow the third character from Fire in the Blood have some space on the blog.

Interviewer: How did you feel when Maddy's horse took off into the jungle?

Troy: Are you kidding? I was shocked and really worried, especially when I couldn't convince the guy leading us to follow her. In fact, he rushed us back to the stables. The darker it got, the more scared he seemed to be. Of course, I'm not sure we could have caught up with her anyway. There weren't any paths, other than the trail we were on. Her mount simply crashed through the underbrush and disappeared.

Interviewer: You must have passed a pretty tense night.

Troy: Honestly, I had no idea what to do. The police, the management at the hotel - no one seemed willing to help. I thought about contacting the U.S. Embassy, but they're over in Kingston, on the other side of the island. I probably would have done that anyway, if she hadn't showed up the next day.

Interviewer: It must have been a huge relief to have her back.

Troy: Obviously. But she was - strange, different. She jumped me and we had the hottest sex we'd experienced in years - maybe ever. Then she fell asleep, only it was more like a coma, without even showering. That's so unlike her - she's usually incredibly fastidious. She slept all afternoon and into the evening, as though she had been drugged.

Interviewer: And what did you do?

Troy: I really felt at loose ends. I was still worried about her, but I didn't want to disturb her, or make things worse by asking questions. I decided to take a walk on the beach. Our bungalow was right on the water. I didn't plan to go far. But then...I met Etienne.

Interviewer: Tell us more.

Troy: One minute I was alone. The next there was this elegant, graceful black man walking beside me - taking my arm. There was something intoxicating about his presence. I've always considered myself 100% straight but when Etienne was close - I wanted him. I wanted him to take me.

Interviewer: And?

Troy: He did. I really don't want to talk about the details here. But by the end of that night, I was bound to him as strongly as Maddy.

Fire in the Blood will be released in just a few days. You still have a chance to enter my drawing by leaving your comments.

2 comments:

katsrus said...

Really enjoyed Troy sharing with us. Fire In The Blood sounds like a great book.
Sue B

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks Sue!

Check back on Monday to see if you've won!

Warmly,
Lisabet

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)