Monday, March 28, 2016

Journeys of the Heart (#guestblog #cambodia #eroticromance @delilah_night)

By Delilah Night (Guest Blogger)
 
Thank you so much to Lisabet Sarai, and thank you for letting me guest post on your blog. Im so thrilled to have the opportunity to talk about my first solo titleCapturing the Moment.



One of the most common questions an author is asked is How much of your real life ends up in your books? For me the answer varies depending on the story. I’ve set stories in my hometown of Boston in the US and in my current home, Singapore. I’ve written a story centered around the strain of reconnecting with your spouse post children. Thus elements of my life or my experiences have made their way into my stories. On the other hand, I’ve also written about shape-shifting reindeers, so there’s that.

The setting for Capturing the Moment was inspired by my 2014 trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Ever since I saw a poster of Angkor Wat, one of the oldest temples in the world, at sunrise, I wanted to recreate that photo myself. My bachelor’s degree is in History, so places that are historically significant are endlessly fascinating to me.

I went alone as my husband had no interest in going and my small children would have been bored out of their minds. But I didn’t mind because, like Meg, I am an amateur photographer. I loved having four days to photograph my heart out, not only at Angkor Wat, but at the many nearby temples as well.



Despite Angkor Wat being one of the most amazing temples I’ve seen, my favorite temple was Preah Khan. Preah Khan is a temple that is slowly being reclaimed by the jungle. It is in theory being renovated, although I saw no signs of any activity beyond some empty scaffolding. The only people I saw there were a monk with his young charges and one other group of Western tourists. Most of the time I was on my own, which was magical—almost as if I were the first person to discover a lost temple.



Blurb

Meg and RJ were passionately in love. But that was six years and a broken engagement ago.

Meg has only one day in Siem Reap, Cambodia, before she must leave for her sister’s wedding in Bali. She fulfills her dream of taking a photograph of the sun rising behind Angkor Wat, one of the oldest temples in the world. But her joy is short-lived when she turns around to see RJ standing behind her.

RJ threw himself into work after Meg ended their relationship. He’s built a successful business, but it’s a hollow victory. He’s come to Siem Reap to win back the woman he’s never stopped loving. But first he has to convince her to spend the day with him.

Meg is as physically attracted to RJ as she ever was. Maybe the secret to finally getting over him is a one day only, no strings attached fling.

Can RJ win Meg back, or will she love him and leave him?

(photo of courtyard)

Exclusive Excerpt

May in Cambodia was boiling hot. The temples offered shade and a brief respite. Standing beneath the unforgiving sun, though, caused sweat to bead and make a lazy path down his spine. RJ’s mind once again drifted to the fantasy of rubbing sunscreen all over Meg.

Babe, I want to ensure I’ve gotten every inch that might burn. It would be easier if you took off your shirt…”

Sit with your back against the column. Okay, great, now look at me.”

A line of skin appeared between her shirt and skirt.

Do the panties always match the bra like they did this morning? Does Impulsive Tattoo Meg wear a thong, or does Practical Meg still think they’re dental floss for the ass?

Now stand up. Take off your shorts and boxers.”

Wait, what?

I thought the new Rule Number One is no nude photos.”

Of me,” she called back. “No nude photos of me. It’s a good thing you’re not a lawyer—you’re lousy at spotting loopholes. Shorts and boxers, please.”

RJ glanced around. He didn’t see any other obvious entrances to the courtyard. No strangers’ voices interrupted the quiet. What was she up to? “So you’re going to take my advice and sell your photos? Thinking of Playgirl?”

Meg snorted. “Puh-leez. You think highly of yourself. Now strip!”

Buy links

Starting tomorrow (March 29) Capturing the Moment will be on early download sale exclusively at Totally Bound for a month. https://www.totallybound.com/book/capturing-the-moment

The book goes on wide release on April 26, but you can pre-order at the links below





About Delilah

Delilah Night is an American expat living in Singapore. Her short stories have appeared in over a dozen anthologies including Irresistible: Erotic Romance for Couples, Nine-to-Five Fantasies, Rogues, and Prompted. Capturing the Moment is her first solo publication. Discover her world of Deliciously Naughty Bedtime Stories at http://delilahnight.com/

Contest!

Let’s talk travel—What real place have you always dreamed of visiting? I’ll pick a commenter at random on Wednesday, March 30th, (please leave your email address) and send you an e-copy of Capturing the Moment.

7 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Greetings, Delilah!

Congratulations on the new release! I had no idea this was your first standalone title. The first of many, I'm sure...

Your photos brought back memories of my own visit Angkor. Astonishing!

Colleen C. said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I have always dreamed of visiting Ireland one day! greenshamrock ATcox DOTnet :)

Rachel de Vine said...

I first went to Angkor Wat about twenty years ago. It is a truly awesome place, and amazing to think that it was lost in the jungle for so many years. I must read your book to recapture the memory of the place.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being the first stop on my virtual book tour!

I'm generally someone who wants to move on to the next stop on my unending list of "Places I want to travel to," but I can see myself returning to Cambodia over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Ireland is definitely on my list of places I'd like to visit as well!

Anonymous said...

I hope you think I've done it justice! I fell in love with Siem Reap and the many temples.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'll be emailing you an e-pub copy of Capturing the Moment!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)