Thursday, December 13, 2012

New and Naughty

“Anybody know of any blog hops?”

My friend and fellow author Jen Wright asked this question on one of my author lists about a week ago. Actually, I'd just finished participating in a great hop (Nicole Morgan's Hot Winter Nights), but I hadn't heard about any that were coming up.

“Nah, sorry.” I wrote back. “But we could create one. My mother always told me 'If you want something done, do it yourself.”

“Why not?” she replied. “My dad says the same thing.”

From these humble beginnings rose our New Year's blog hop extravaganza, “Something New, Something Naughty”.

It was Jen who came up with the title. Meanwhile, I wanted to offer a grand prize that would be a bit different, something more unusual than a bookstore voucher. “How about a gift certificate from EdenFantasys?,” I suggested. “That seems appropriate to the 'new and naughty' theme.”

What's EdenFantasys? My very favorite adult emporium. EdenFantasys has every sort of erotic product you can imagine – not just sex toys (though their variety in this realm is impressive – maybe even a bit scary!) but also bath, beauty and massage products, lingerie and fetish wear (many available in plus sizes), hilarious adult games and party favors, and erotic books (including lots of collections that include my stories, I'm pleased to note!). After Jen and I decided to do the hop, I spent some time (way too much time, actually) browsing at edenfantasys.com, drooling over the corsets and the restraints, reading the contributor profiles, and wondering whether I might incorporate some of the more exotic devices on offer into the BDSM steampunk novel I'm currently working on.

The site is more than a on-line store, though. EF is a community of everyday people who are interested in all things sexual - sort of a sexual social network. There are forums, videos, and an online magazine. The product reviews seem to be written by real customers, not sales folk. You can tell because sometimes the comments are not 100% positive. (“I can't really figure out how to use this...”, began one post that I read!)

One feature I just noticed on this visit is the interview section (many with authors and editors I know personally). EF has adopted an unusual format in which different members of the EF community each ask one question of the interview subject – similar to a chat or a press conference. Normally I find interviews a bit boring, but this is a new twist on a well-trod idea.

Sexy Christmas gifts from EdenFantasys - the sex toys shop you can trust!


Anyway...trust me, if you win the grand prize in our blog hop – a $50 gift voucher - you will not be disappointed! Fifty bucks goes quite a long way at EF. In addition, we're giving away two $25 bookstore gift certificates, to your choice of Amazon, B&N, All Romance Ebooks, or Total-E-Bound (a publisher Jen and I share). Plus every single author participating in the hop will be giving away his or her own prize to someone who comments on that individual post.

So when is all this happening? January 10th through 13th of next year. We wanted to give you something to look forward to, after all the parties and celebrations were over.

If you're an author and you want to participate, click here to sign up. Registration will close on the 3rd of January, so you have a bit of time to think about whether you really want to get involved in this madness. (You do! Believe me, you do!) Jen has a more detailed instructions over at her blog.

If you're a reader, keep your eyes and ears open. We'll be posting reminders on our blogs, on readers loops, and anywhere else we can think of.

Come join in the fun! If being naughty is new to you – try it. You'll like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)